Garrett Hawke (
hawkethat) wrote in
stop_panicking2015-02-14 08:39 pm
Entry tags:
Joker finally meets Hawke's "Imaginary" friend
Who: Hawke, Joker, and Fenris
What: Joker finally meet's Hawke's "imaginary" friend
When: Whenever
Where: A bar somewhere
Warnings: lol
Hawke is deep in his cups - as usual - with his best beard buddy Joker - as is also usual - when he sees a familiar shock of white hair and an equally familiar grumpy face appear in the bar's entryway. Naturally he grins and raises his voice and waves obnoxiously to catch Fenris' attention.
"Fenris!"
What: Joker finally meet's Hawke's "imaginary" friend
When: Whenever
Where: A bar somewhere
Warnings: lol
Hawke is deep in his cups - as usual - with his best beard buddy Joker - as is also usual - when he sees a familiar shock of white hair and an equally familiar grumpy face appear in the bar's entryway. Naturally he grins and raises his voice and waves obnoxiously to catch Fenris' attention.
"Fenris!"

no subject
He shoots a quick glance at the other man there (so many beards, Maker, why?) in quick assessment. As far as he can tell, there's no danger here, so Fenris settles in and waves for a glass to start the night.
"Finding a Hawke in the local bar. How surprising."
no subject
"Wait, you're Fenris?"
He's astonished. He's amazed. This pretty little asshole wearing a spiky tin can for armor is the guy who does the magical fisting thing?
"Holy shit, I thought you weren't real. I thought you were a fucking flying purple cat that Anders made up when he was high off of whatever glowy bullshit is hanging out in his head."
no subject
He's not nearly drunk enough for this.
"...Fenris, this is Joker. As you can see, he quite spectacularly lives up to his nickname."
Ha ha ha...haaa....fuck.
no subject
Fenris uses his response to buy him some time to actually process what Joker said. On one hand, he called him 'a fucking flying purple cat' while simultaneously mentioning Anders, of all people. On the other, he called Anders out on his 'glowy bullshit' which earns nearly anyone points in his book.
No, the hypocrisy of that statement has not hit him just yet, and no, it probably never will unless it's blatantly pointed out to him.
"I can assure you I am quite real. Unless there is something I am not aware of."
no subject
He drains his glass because he really kind of needs the alcohol right now. It's like seeing a ghost or a chupacabra or Bigfoot walk into your bar like it's no big thing.
"So, Eeyore, do you drink or are you just going to stand around and look pretty?"
Sorry, Hawke, he's never not going to be an embarrassment.
no subject
no subject
Does he drink?
Oh, Joker. Sweetheart. Honey. You have no idea, do you?
That's exactly what the look on Fenris's face says as his eyebrows arching into neat peaks and his lips make some sort of indescribable twitch. It's kind of a cross between incredulousness and pure amusement. Thankfully, Joker caught him on a good day, and he's able to ignore the 'standing around looking pretty' bit.
He shoots that same Look over in Hawke's direction when he speaks.
"For once, my reputation does not precede me."
no subject
He waves down the bartender so that the floofy-headed elf could get himself a bottle of something fancy to drink like the uncouth Tevinter ex-slave that he is.
"So, how'd you end up knowing a guy like Hawke?"
no subject
"Or, well, I guess Marian was," he adds, glancing over at Fenris. "Same situation, different Hawkes. But it all worked out in the end."
no subject
He doesn't mention that they met while Fenris was punching his boyfriend's face in. Or that he and Marian are a Thing. Or that the 'not meshing' prior to their (re)kindled frendship consisted almost entirely of Fenris hating the man for no discernable reason other than 'mage' and 'doing it with another mage'.
Some things are meant to stay private, at least for a little while. But knowing Garrett, they'd eventually come out on the sooner side of things.
Before that can happen, though, the bartender arrives with a full bottle of wine, and knows full well to leave it without a glass. Fenris nods his head in thanks and downs a good mouthful before turning his attention back to conversation.
no subject
But it's the mention of opposite-sex doubles that got him really interested.
"That shit happened to you, too?" Because this is apparently a thing, now. Once is an incidence, twice indicates a pattern. "The Shepard I knew was definitely a woman, but then I get here and there's this asshole hanging around saying that he's Shepard, and now I'm stuck with double the CO, double the fun."
Not that he didn't like both of the Shepards, but just one had been a handful. Two was kind of just overkill.
"And, like, half of us remembered Jane and half remembered Jim, except it wasn't always Jim? Sometimes it was John? And I don't even fucking know anymore."
no subject
"That all sounds familiar, anyway."
no subject
Man, Fenris's tone sure was dry there. You know what'll help fix that? Downing a quarter bottle of wine like the flagrant alcoholic butterfly he's grown to be.
"As for the phenomenon happening elsewhere, this is the first I've heard of it."
That's another Look he's shooting over at Hawke, and all can bet that Marian will be hearing it from him when he finally manages to make it home. These are the things that they need to talk about!
no subject
Not that Joker or literally anyone he knows has any room to talk, but he also didn't care. Sorry, Hawke, you're the focus of Joker's mockery today. It had to be somebody, and since Fenris is all spiky and glowy and Joker knows that glowy equals bad, it's going to be you.
"Did you ever hear about the time that he passed out in the Normandy bathroom?"
no subject
...at least, Joker would have to watch out in some alternate universe where Hawke was an asshole rather than a sarcastic embarrassment to the human race. So. Lucky for Joker.
"You're asking as if that's any different from any other time I've passed out in a public toilet," he said as he caught the bartender's eye to request a refill. "Although I have to say, the Normandy's was definitely the cleanest place I've ever blacked out in."
no subject
Hawke's tendency to wind up in a magical myriad of places, their bathrooms, or the rafters thereof, no longer surprised him. Truth be told, seeing how similar Garrett and Marian proved to be, it never surprised him in the first place.
Thankfully, they were both amusing enough to justify being pains in the ass as well.
no subject
Don't knock his ship, Fenris. It has more than just the best bathrooms that Hawke ever had the privilege of passing out in, it also had giant guns and a crew full of assholes.
"So the toilets aren't public, you jerk. The only reason you were in them at all is because we threw a party and your sorry ass somehow managed to slip past the bouncers."
no subject
To Fenris, he said: "I wanted to invite you, but Marian had already kidnapped you. There wasn't much I could do after that."
no subject
Before their wacky Thor adventures, Fenris's definition of a ship was limited to sails, wood, and pieces of metal. Now, apparently ships could be cities with their own economies and inhabitants. The bars weren't a surprise. Liquor and vessels seemed to have a symbiotic relationship that transcended time and space.
"As for preventing Hawke getting into your facilities, I regret to inform you that any attempts you make in deterring either of them are in vain."
no subject
That's what happened while you were passed out in the bathroom, Hawke. Isabella and Joker fleeced people out of their hard-earned cash at poker. No one at all should be surprised.
"So, how much does Hawke have to pay you to babysit his ass while he does stupid shit? Or, she, I guess. Y'know, I don't think I've met other-you, Hawke. Have you been hiding the hot one from me?"
no subject
no subject
Because you're both very attractive, but the moment Fenris takes sides, it's going to wind up in either a mad girlfriend or a mad bestie and neither sounds all that appealing. Or healthy.
no subject
Thumb jerk over at Fenris.
"Since I haven't seen her, I've gotta assume that Fenris is dating someone of equal hotness, and, sorry, Hawke, but he's hotter than you."
Hope you don't mind having your physical attractiveness rated on a scale of one to Fenris, Hawke. Or Fenris for being the scale that hotness is being measured by.
"That means she's hotter than you. Nothing I can do about it, man, it's just math."
No, it's not, Joker. No, it's not.
no subject
Despite his unhappy words, Hawke didn't actually seem too put out. There really was one person in the whole of the universe he might actually acknowledge to be hotter than himself, and that person was Marian. And maybe Fenris by association. All of his friends were very hot...a lucky accident on his part, but, there you were. So, this once - just this once - he wouldn't be making a fuss.
"At least you have good taste. I guess."
...Okay, maybe he was going to sulk a little. Just a little. Into the remainder of his beer....Damn, he needed another beer.
no subject
"As much as I suppose I appreciate the implication," Fenris lies as he clears his throat (he knows he's hot, okay?), "it would be best to allow Marian to speak for herself."
A beat.
"Granted, she would do so quite favorably, but that is neither here nor there."
no subject
Joker, you just want to see the hot one, don't lie. You just want all the hot Hawkes in one place, with a side order of hot ex-Tevinter slave thrown in there for good measure. He'd call them all eye candy, but that implies a lack of substance and there's plenty of substance hanging around.
"And then we could see for ourselves who wins the hotness competition. I mean, between you two Hawkes, anyway. It's pretty obvious who'd win in general."
But hey, more drinks. Sweet, he was starting to get low on shitty beer.